Wednesday 7 March 2012

The Awakening

Hi Readers,
Seems like I managed to write a poem and this is pretty much how the blog came along. I wrote it at a time when everything around me seemed to go numb, when the people with me were nothing but stoned, heartless aliens who called themselves human. But then, I saw a ray of hope and finally found some reasons to live. All that gave birth to : 
The Awakening
As I walk down the street,
I feel like a guest
For I won't be here for long
I'll take my soul and leave behind all the rest
As I cross Avenue 3,
Fear bites me and freezes my heart,
Am I ready to do this?
To make a new start?
I label all my things 

With names of people who shall possess them after I die
When they'd hug those goods
And remember me as they cry...
As the days go by
My face turns pale,
For I'm about to end my life
Coz all I've done since birth, is fail.
And as a last wish, I longed to have that feeling.
I rushed to the shore, stretched my arms, and touched the evening sun,
As it went, setting.
And as the light cut my ribs apart,
And passed right through me,
I discovered that my eyes were no more gloomy.
I opened them with a bright smile on my face,
And right then, I didn't feel like a disgrace.
I shuddered at the thought that had once occurred deep inside me,
I thought my loved ones would favor my choice,
I was wrong,
They'd curse me.
I gave my life a new beginning,
It's never too late if you get,
An inner AWAKENING.



2 comments:

  1. i read all your posts .. And i am speechless .. You have so much to say ..
    Coming from such a young girl its like a surprise ..a very pleasant one ! .. U have the art and the intelligence clearly .. Plz continue writing .. Asking for more ..because i am a fan already :) ..
    harsha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Harsha Di.! You made my day.
    Everything you said means alot to me, really.
    I wish you all the best ahead. Have a fabulous time at Yamunanagar.
    Eagerly waiting for the weekend to arrive and meet you. :)
    Lots of love and gratitude, :')
    Samreen

    ReplyDelete