Saturday 10 March 2012

She is Where the Light is

Hi Readers,
I hope you liked my previous post, I really hope you did.

Something interesting came up this week in school. We were told to write a poem on ourselves for an English assignment. I thought that'd  be real tough since I'm not too narcissistic. But the result was a pleasant surprise. As I sat staring at that plain sheet of paper for about half an hour, wondering what to write, I don't know what got into me and then I didn't stop. So here it is:-


She is Where the Light is
'Story of My Life'
There she stood in the center stage,
Claiming her crown from the immortal sage
She jumped right down to the city of the warm hearted
Life was pretty good, 'cause it'd just started,
She grew up to be a mischievous girl,
Hold on, wait for it, let the story unfurl...
Soon she realized that she was here for a purpose,
She thought she had it in her, till she entered the real circus.
Giving up some dreams and having new ones she moved on,
After all, she, was a unicorn.
Some of the best times she had were in 7th grade,
It was then, that she stepped into the parade
But then, just then, her life took a turn,
Her mind went spinning and her heart started to burn,
She found peace in something the others had ignored,
Little did they know of what the girl had explored.
Endless verbal sessions she went through,
Tormented she felt and that ruined the situation too.
She turned into someone she never thought she would become,
She began to be known as "the mysterious girl who usually kept mum"
She thought she must go back to being happy like before
She wouldn't have a care in the world, this, she swore.
Poor thing started pretending to be joyful and upbeat
But deep down, she knew she felt incomplete.
Until an abandoned angel returned to save her life
She said, "If Rock is your God, Metal is your life."
This gave her a sense of hope and stopped the pain in her heart
She knew, this was gonna be, her 'real' new start,
She went back to doing the same that had once caused a rage,
But she had grown in intellect, not just in age.
Whatever she heard or saw thereafter,
Became just another reason for a dose of laughter.
One long story that is;
She got her time to shine,
She is Where the Light is.

So what d'you think?
P.S.-Immortal sage (here) means God;
Unicorns is the former name of my friend circle and
Parade refers to me joining my school's military band:)

3 comments:

  1. Love you. Great work. Keep it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Samreen Great work..!
    Keep it up..!
    and keep writing stuff for us..! :) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooo much Mannat.! <3
      I will, for sure.

      Delete