Friday 30 November 2012

Poison Dreams

Now this one, I can smile about. I hope you love it as much as I do. :']
Poison Dreams

Life, they said, "What a happy place to be."
The lie was believed, so they blamed it on me.
The ones I trusted, turned their back on me,
I was ditched by their smiles and their distance from reality.
All I have now, is this dark story of mine;
I was just another girl who wished to go far, who wished to shine.
It was that day, when I closed my eyes and a vision took over,
I saw a stage, bright lights and a crowd to pass over.
Since then, to make the vision come true, was all I wanted,
Little did I know, that it would turn into a tale, so haunted.
The vision made me struggle, it gave me pain;
I was nowhere close, it drove me insane.
It made me walk, it made me run, it made me travel;
But it all seemed in vain, as though I had nothing to unravel.
Soon I learnt, "Dreams poison life at a slow pace,
You greet tears with a smile, they greet you with mace."
One fine day, I got my call of fame,
I was all set, to sell records in my name.
They were a rage, like wild fire,
Life lured me, into going higher and higher.
I reached a point from where the truth was hidden,
Any kind of goodness was simply forbidden.
How about you answer this simple question of mine,
Before our mad world runs out of time;
What's the price of the light that makes you blind?
Ahead of the glamour, there's flash, but what's behind?
My senses were too numb to feel the loss,
I was feeding on the glitz that lied across...
My conscience was dead, I gave up thinking,
Days went by, in puffing smoke and hard core drinking.
There were voices I could hear.
They cut right through the chords of my ear.
They said, "You've lost. This battle cannot be won.
This is the life you deserve. You've come out undone."
I screamed but they never ceased,
No drug was good enough to free me from my strange disease.
Black chains had tied me up;
But in one way or the other, I had to get up.
My eyes sucked the pain,
I swallowed my tears and silenced the rain.
So I saw myself rise once more,
It wasn't the same this time, there was a mask that I wore.
Today where I am, isn't such a pretty place,
It has what I wanted, but not a single 'real' face.
People go on, telling their believable lies,
It's nothing, just a piece of hell, in disguise.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your thoughts keep getting better with each passing day,
    They continues to intrigue me in every possible way,
    Your poem was marvelous and I have to agree,
    Your writing is enchanting and it still inspires me! :D

    ReplyDelete